Why buy our product?
Avoid failure and increase productivity with APF
Access Plug Flange, Inc. offers durable inspection plugs for any application, from cryogenic vessels operating at -185° Fahrenheit to super-heated pipe reaching 1,200° Fahrenheit.
Our ports enable inspectors to perform pipe and vessel wall thickness examinations and other inspection activities repeatedly at set locations in the process line without removing and replacing jacketing and insulation each time.
We offer simple, durable and safe solutions for every application
APF inspection plugs have a well-earned reputation for durability and quality. While other plugs cost less, they break down from repetitive use in extreme environments. Our silicone inspection plugs maintain seal integrity under expansion and contraction. This is not the case with plugs made of ethylene propylene diene monomer, or EDPM. Those ports are prone to failure in extreme temperatures. We also offer metal caps designed for hot environments.
Our ports reduce downtime, increase inspection frequency and accuracy and strengthen workplace safety without breaking the budget. Eliminate lost or discarded insulation cores with APF. Our plugs stay connected to their adjoining ports using durable safety lines. APF plugs designed for super-heated processes are lined with a high-temperature insulation pads to prevent insulation loss and protect employees, while those used for cryogenic applications can prevent ice build-up by preserving vapor barrier integrity.
Installation of our plugs is simple, as no special tools or hot-work permits are required. Silicone injected under the flange does most of the work. Work crews can install inspection ports at several locations along the process line at the same time.
Match an inspection port to your process operating temperature
The APF product line includes inspection ports for standard applications between ambient to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. Our Cold Check inspection ports are designed for cryogenic processes down to -185 degrees Fahrenheit, while the High Temperature HT-1 and HT-2 ports are made for applications operating in up to 1,000 and 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit, respectively.
APF inspection ports meet local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
Contact us today and learn more about the benefits of these plugs and how to choose the best fit for your application. We are happy to answer any and all of your questions, and provide the right guidance for your specifications.
Breakout Box/Bullet Point No. 1: Access Plug Flange products
- The Standard access plug flange is designed for process operating temperatures of ambient to 600 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cold Check access plug flange, which is designed for cryogenic applications as low as -185 degrees Fahrenheit
- The High Temperature HT-1 access plug flange is designed for applications operating between 600 and 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit
- The High Temperature HT-1 access plug flange includes a metal cap with mechanical inner seal and weather-tight outer O-ring seal for steam applications
- High Temperature HT-2 access plug flange, which is designed for applications operating between 600 and 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit
- The High Temperature HT-2 access plug flange helps hot applications retain insulation integrity and prevent insulation loss with a high-temperature insulation pad
Access Plug Flange Benefits
- Our ports gives inspectors access to pipe without removing and reinstalling insulation and jacketing material
- No danger of heat insulation loss or ice build-up and damming, depending on the application, when using our ports
- A durable safety line connects each inspection port with its adjoining plug, ensuring it will not go missing
Installation is Easy
- No special tools or hot-work permits are required for field installations
- Work crews at several locations can install Access Plug Flanges at the same time
- Our inspection ports strengthen inspection results while reducing workplace hazards