Stay ahead of corrosion-under-insulation and other pipe and vessel integrity degradations without compromising safety and profitability with Access Plug Flange, Inc.’s extensive line of standard inspection ports.
Our standard access ports enable inspectors to perform pipe-surface non-destructive testing and other examinations repeatedly at a standardized location underneath jacketing and insulation. Once installed, there is no need to remove and replace insulation and jacketing when using our ports.
APF manufactures durable and wide-ranging inspection plugs for the oil, gas and petrochemical industries. Our silicone inspection plugs maintain seal integrity under expansion and contraction. This is not the case with plugs made of ethylene propylene diene monomer, or EDPM. Those products are prone to failure in extreme temperatures. A durable safety line connects the inspection port with its adjoining plug to avoid lost time.
We offer a wide array of standard inspection ports to meet any application, from those contoured for small diameter pipe to those elongated to meet special inspection requirements.
Standard inspection port sizes
- 1-1/2” diameter, pre-contoured for small diameter pipe
- 1-3/4” diameter, pre-contoured for small diameter pipe
- 2-1/2” diameter
- 4” diameter
- 5” diameter
- 2-1/2” by 12”, elongated for special inspection criteria
Standard inspection port benefits
- Our inspection ports strengthen inspection results while reducing workplace hazards
- Inspectors can access pipe-surface inspection areas without removing and reinstalling insulation and jacketing material once our plugs are in place
- Our inspection ports stay connected to their adjoining plugs with a durable safety line, ensuring no lost time
Standard inspection port installation benefits
- No special tools or hot-work permits are required for field installations
- Work crews at several locations can install Access Plug Flanges at the same time